WellPet Humane offers urgent care for pets between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Closed on Sunday.
If your pet has any of the following symptoms, proceed to WellPet NOW!
- Difficulty breathing
- Restlessness, panting, inability to lie down comfortably, unsuccessfully attempting to vomit, and abdominal distention
- Collapse or profound weakness
- Profuse hemorrhage or major known trauma
- Protracted vomiting and/or diarrhea (specially if Bloody)
- Struggling to urinate
- Not eating or drinking
- Loss of use of rear legs
- Severe pain (If your dog is vocalizing, panting, profoundly limping, or exhibiting other symptoms of agony, don’t let him suffer.)
- Known exposure to dangerous poisons
- Abnormal urination in male cats
- Fighting with others dogs or cats
Remember that a situation doesn’t have to be life-threatening to warrant veterinary attention. Broken toenails, ear infections, bladder infections, and hot spots are all survivable, but they are also painful and are best treated sooner rather than later if possible.