Please read this important information about your pet’s upcoming surgery!
- Please make sure that your pet does not eat after 10:00 pm the night before surgery. Water is ok after 10:00 but no water the morning of surgery.
- Surgery Check-In begins promptly at 7:30am. Please be on time and plan to spend about 20-25 minutes checking in.
- The low end of surgical estimate is due at drop off. The remainder, if any, will be collected at pick up.
- We do not accept personal checks. We do accept cash, credit, or debit cards and payment is due in full at pick-up. If you need an estimate for your surgical procedure we can provide one for you at the time of drop-off.
- You must bring proof of rabies vaccination with you to your surgery appointment. If you do not have proof of vaccination, or if your pet is not current, we will administer a rabies vaccine. We also offer a full range of other wellness services and vaccines that can be done at the time of surgery such as heartworm testing, combo testing, heartworm prevention, flea prevention, microchipping, other vaccinations, etc. We will go over all “extras” at the time of check-in.
- Pick up time is generally between 2:30 and 7:00 pm on the day of surgery. A technician will call you after your pet’s surgery to give you an update and a pick up time. If you are unable to come at that specific time, you must pick up your pet before 7pm. We do not board anyone overnight.
- Important for SPAY (female) appointments: If we find your pet is obese, pregnant, or in heat, there will be an additional charge for your surgery. You may be unaware that your pet is in heat, or pregnant, or obese. These conditions are identified by the surgeon performing the procedure.
- If your pet is over the age of 7 years, an IV catheter and preanesthetic bloodwork are REQUIRED prior to surgery. IV fluid administration during the surgical procedure may also be required for pets over 7 years of age. If your pet is under the age of 7, these are not required but are always recommended safety procedures. You will have the option to add an IV catheter and pre-operative bloodwork as an extra safety precaution at the time of drop-off.
We look forward to seeing your pet soon!